Personal tools
Log in


Applying for College

Admissions, Advisement, Assessment, and Enrollment

In order to receive VA administered Educational Benefits or benefits from New York State, a student needs to proceed through the regular college admissions process. This includes:

  • completing an RCC Enrollment Application
  • taking the English and mathematics assessment tests
  • matriculating into an approved degree or certificate program
  • registering for courses required of that degree or certificate program

All full-time students must see an academic advisor before selecting their courses. Part-time, degree-seeking students are encouraged to seek advisement from faculty within their degree program or an adviser at the Academic Advisement Center. Accurate academic advisement will prevent a student from making registration errors which could result in a loss of benefits. For an appointment with an advisor, please call 845-574–4443 or stop by the Academic Advisement Center, Technology Center, Suite 8220.

To receive benefits from the Veterans Administration, veterans should fill out the Veterans On-Line Application (VONAPP).

Veterans Online Application
Placement & Assesment
Payments and Transfer Credits


Military Friendly 2018 Gold