Personal tools
Log in


Payments and Transfer Credits

Deferred Payments for Veterans

It is college policy that all students must pay tuition and fees in full or provide credit authorizations to Student Accounts when they register for classes. Because of the delay in processing benefit payments each term from the VA, Veterans Affairs has arranged with Student Accounts to defer payments for a period of time after registration. However, veterans are expected to make regular payments as soon as they receive their benefit checks, and they must complete the payments for each semester before they are allowed to register for any subsequent semester. If you wish to take advantage of the deferred payment option, you must request it each semester from the Veterans Counselor, who will then arrange it with Student Accounts.

Prior Training, Experience and Transfer Credits

Rockland Community College participates in the College Level Examination Program (CLEP). Students who earn satisfactory scores on an appropriate examination may be granted credit for prior training. Qualifying scores and the number of credits granted are determined by the individual academic disciplines. For a current listing of examinations and passing scores, or to arrange to take a CLEP exam, contact Placement and Assessment at 845-574-4525.

The College may grant credit for some courses offered by the Armed Forces. These courses are reviewed by the Records and Registrar when the official transcripts are submitted. In addition, a maximum of three physical education credits may be granted to veterans who have served at least six months in the Armed Forces. Have your DD-214 along with your transcript sent to the college for all the credits you are eligible to receive.

All branches of the Armed Forces, (including Coast Guard), now use the Joint Services Transcript.  Click the following link to request a transcript:

Please request the transcript(s) be sent to:

Rockland Community College
Attn: Records & Registration
145 College Road
Suffern, NY 10901

The College may grant credit for some courses completed at other colleges. Students should have their former institutions forward all official transcripts to the Records & Registration Office. Upon receipt of all academic documents, the Registrar will evaluate transfer credit and inform the student in writing of their decision. Transfer credit is granted for courses which are equivalent to RCC courses when a grade of C or better was earned at a regionally accredited institution of higher learning. RCC will evaluate courses for transfer credit based on the degree or certificate program that the student intends to pursue at RCC.

Withdrawal/Refund Policy for Military Personnel Called to Active Duty

Students who are called to active duty during a semester must officially withdraw from their classes to avoid failing grades. Students who must withdraw due to military orders are also advised to apply for Tuition Appeals. A completed Tuition Refund Appeal Form, and a copy of the student’s deployment orders should be submitted to the Associate Vice President of Student Development, Student Development Center, Rockland Community College, 145 College Road, Suffern, NY 10901. Approval of a tuition appeal will result in a full tuition refund for the term and an indication on your transcript that you had a no-fault withdrawal from your classes for an approved reason.


Military Friendly 2018 Gold